Overview

AngloGold Ashanti Australia Limited is a foreign owned unlisted public company, deriving revenue from the mining, exploration, processing and sale of gold, and the engagement of exploration activities for other mineral resources. The company employs approximately 670 people, operates in Western Australia, and is administered by its head office in Perth.

AngloGold Ashanti Australia Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited, a South Africa-based gold mining company.

AngloGold Ashanti Australia Limited has two main mining operations in Australia, both located in Western Australia:

  • Sunrise Dam - An underground gold mine operated by contract miners located 55km south of Laverton. The site also has mineral processing facilities.
  • Tropicana Project - AngloGold Ashanti holds a 70% stake in this project with Independence Group NL holding the other 30%, located 330km east-northeast of Kalgoorlie.

The company also has an exploration programme in the area around the Tropicana project. 

Learn more about our Company Reports

IBISWorld Company Profile Reports

Company profile reports provide key information on the Top 2000 earning companies in Australia. Reports include a written description of a company, its history, brands and products, contact details and key personnel, operating and legal structure, financial data, industries of involvement and business service providers.

Sample Data

Table of Contents

Company Details
Key Personnel
Financials
Growth & Ratios
Segments
Shareholders
Subsidiaries
Service Providers

Looking for our Industry reports?

Assess your competitors with powerful business tools that provide strategic insights and analysis on over 600 Australian industries.

Contact Us

Want to speak to a representative? Call us.

clear