Overview

Anglo American Australia Limited is a foreign-owned public company that explores, mines, exports, and invests in coal and coal mining operations in Australia. The company employs approximately 3,500 people and is administered from its headquarters in Brisbane.

Anglo American Australia Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Anglo American plc, a multinational mining company.

Anglo American Australia Limited's primary activities are the mining and exploration of coal and the sale and export of steaming and coking coal.

The company produces both metallurgical and thermal coal through the following projects:

  • Capcoal - Consist of the Gasstree longwall operation, the Aquila underground mine, and the open cut CapFox operation, which consists of three open-cut mines located in the Bowen Basin, Queensland. Anglo American Australia has a 70% interest in Capcoal, the remaining 30% is held by Mitsui Coal Holdings Australia.
  • Callide - An open-cut mine providing low sulphur and sub-bituminous thermal coal primarily for use in Queensland's domestic power generation market.
  • Dawson - An open-cut and highwall mine producing coking, soft coking and thermal coal.
  • Drayton - An open-cut thermal coal mine located in the Hunter Vally, NSW.
  • Moranbah North - An underground longwall mine producing hard coking coal from the Goonyella Middle Seam to export markets including Japan, Korea, India, Brazil and Europe.

 

Learn more about our Company Reports

IBISWorld Company Profile Reports

Company profile reports provide key information on the Top 2000 earning companies in Australia. Reports include a written description of a company, its history, brands and products, contact details and key personnel, operating and legal structure, financial data, industries of involvement and business service providers.

Sample Data

Looking for our Industry reports?

Assess your competitors with powerful business tools that provide strategic insights and analysis on over 600 Australian industries.

Contact Us

Want to speak to a representative? Call us.

clear