International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Limited

Overview

International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Limited, also known as ENGIE Australian Energy, is a foreign-owned private company which derives its revenue from the generation and sale of electricity and gas. The company employs 745 people, operates in Australia, United Kingdom, Netherlands and the Cayman Islands and is administered from its head office in Melbourne.

The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the French-based ENGIE SA. 

International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Limited owns and operates electricity generating plants in Western Australia, South Australia, and Victoria. The company also operates an energy retailer, Simply Energy.

The company owns the following electricity generating facilities:

  • Hazelwood Power Station and Mine - A coal powered generator located in the Latrobe valley, 150km east of Melbourne. The facility supplies up to 25% of Victoria's electricity, equivalent to 5.4% of national energy demand. The Hazelwood Mine nearby is the source of the coal used to power the facility.
  • Loy Yang B Power Station - Located in the Latrobe Valley, this facility is powered by coal. Around 17% of Victoria's power is generated at this facility.
  • Synergen Peaking Units - Synergen Power comprises four units located around South Australia, which supply electricity in times of high demand.
  • Pelican Point Power Station - Located in Port River, 20km north-west of Adelaide, this gas-powered station provides 25% of South Australia's power.
  • Canunda Wind Farm - Located in south-east South Australia, the farm consists of 23 wind turbines which produce enough power for around 30,000 homes. Wind conditions at the Canunda Wind Farm enable the farm to produce electricity 34% of the time. International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Limited owns 72% of this venture with Mitsui & Co Ltd holding the remaining 28%.
  • Kwinana Cogeneration Plant - Located 40km south of Perth, this gas-powered facility provides power directly to the BP Australia Kwinana Oil Refinery and supplies the Government-owned utility, Synergy. International Power (Australia) Holdings Pty Limited owns 70% of this venture with Mitsui & co., Ltd and Ratch Australia holds 30%.

Learn more about our Company Reports

IBISWorld Company Profile Reports

Company profile reports provide key information on the Top 2000 earning companies in Australia. Reports include a written description of a company, its history, brands and products, contact details and key personnel, operating and legal structure, financial data, industries of involvement and business service providers.

Sample Data

Table of Contents

Company Details
Key Personnel
Financials
Growth & Ratios
Segments
Shareholders
Subsidiaries
Service Providers

Looking for our Industry reports?

Assess your competitors with powerful business tools that provide strategic insights and analysis on over 600 Australian industries.

Contact Us

Want to speak to a representative? Call us.

clear