Overview

Australian Energy Market Operator Limited (AEMO) is an Australian government body that delivers gas and electricity operations and planning functions. The company is 60% owned by the Commonwealth Government, as well as the state governments of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria. The other 40% is owned by industry members, which includes a range of companies from the gas and power sector. AEMO employs approximately 500 people and is headquartered in Melbourne.

Australian Energy Market Operator Limited (AEMO) was created from the amalgamation of six industry bodies from the electricity and gas markets. The company operates the National Electricity Market as well as the retail and wholesale gas markets of south-eastern Australia. AEMO's services can be divided into the following categories:

Operations: In the electricity market, the company engages in two core activities, power system operator and market operator

Transmission Services: connects generators and customers to the electricity transmission network.

Market Development: enables stakeholders to participate in the market development of the energy industry.

Forecasting & Planning: plans and procures new transmission capacity, as well as engages in other planning roles in the electricity and gas sectors.

Emergency Management: provides emergency information and assistance.

Training: offers training services in regards to the gas and electricity industries in eastern and south-eastern Australia.

Stakeholder engagement: facilitates the participation of stakeholders in ongoing operations and market development and planning of the energy markets in Australia.  

 

Learn more about our Company Reports

IBISWorld Company Profile Reports

Company profile reports provide key information on the Top 2000 earning companies in Australia. Reports include a written description of a company, its history, brands and products, contact details and key personnel, operating and legal structure, financial data, industries of involvement and business service providers.

Sample Data

Table of Contents

Company Details
Key Personnel
Financials
Growth & Ratios
Segments
Shareholders
Subsidiaries
Service Providers

Looking for our Industry reports?

Assess your competitors with powerful business tools that provide strategic insights and analysis on over 600 Australian industries.

Contact Us

Want to speak to a representative? Call us.

clear