Serco Group Pty Limited - Profile Company Report Australia
31-12-2013, 9 pages
Serco Group Pty Limited is a foreign-owned proprietary company that sells travel packages for and operates the passenger railway service Great Southern Rail as well as provides facility management, systems engineering and equity investment management services. The company employs approximately 5,920 people and is headquartered in North Sydney, New South Wales.
Serco Group is a subsidiary of Serco Group plc, a UK-based diversified services company, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Serco Group Pty Limited provides facility management services and systems engineering work to a diverse range of industries and also operates Great Southern Rail. In the Asia Pacific region, Serco targets the following three markets:
- provides support services to the Australian Defence Force
- owns DMS Maritime, a maritime services company through a 50/50 joint venture
Justice & Community Services
- operates justice and immigration facilities on behalf of state and federal governments
- operates and manages Acacia Prison and Borallon Correctional Centre in Australia and the Mt Eden and Auckland Central Remand Prison in New Zealand
- manages and operates Immigration Residential Housing (IRH), Immigration Transit Accommodation (ITA) and Immigration Detention Centres (IDC) throughout Australia
- provides urban traffic management and control systems
- owns the Great Southern Rail, operator of The Ghan, Indian Pacific, and The Overland train services
Additionally, the company provides a range of infrastructure, business consulting, health and immigration services.
IBISWorld Company Profile Reports
Company profile reports provide key information on the Top 2000 earning companies in Australia. Reports include a written description of a company, its history, brands and products, contact details and key personnel, operating and legal structure, financial data, industries of involvement and business service providers.
Table of Contents
This Company has Operations in the Following Industries: